Essential Bridal Show Tips
I have been a vendor at my fair share of bridal shows over the years and today I thought I would share with you 6 quick tips to help make your bridal show experience go smoothly. Whether you’re participating in the Celebrations Bridal Event at the VBC put on by Modern Brides in Huntsville, or the Bridal Fair put on by Rocket 95.1, or even one of the boutique wedding shows you can find in Huntsville, hopefully these tips give you some things to consider before you go!
(1a) Figure out a way to separate those businesses you are really interested in re-visiting after the show from those whose stuff you just grabbed. A backpack isn’t a bad idea where you store the important stuff in one section and the other in a different section. Don’t use the free baggie they give you when you enter the show, as everything will get mixed up in a jumble. Also, I think folders take too much time to sort. With a backpack and using 2 designated sections, just stuff and go. Easy. Also, consider you can store a bottle of water in a backpack – you’ll be doing a lot of talking!
(1b) Use your phone to snap photos, or take videos, of booths of vendors you are clearly interested in for future reference. Annotate in the video what you specifically like about this vendor.
(2) The majority of vendors will have registration forms to enter for door prizes. Take the time to print out sticky labels that include:
and any other info you’d like to share (like wedding start time or even wedding venue if you know it)
(3) Make sure and register for all the door prizes you can. Who doesn’t like free stuff?!
(4) Wear comfortable shoes! As an exhibiter at shows, and also an attendee at expos, there’s nothing worse than not having comfortable shoes when a lot of walking and standing around is going on.
(5) Make sure and bring a credit card and cash in case you decide to book on the spot. Many times, vendors have show only specials, and it may be the best time to get a deal on a vendor you really want.
(6) Eat a decent meal before you go! There’s going to be a lot of walking and talking so you want to have enough energy to last. You’ll mostly be sampling cakes and maybe finger foods. Odds are, your stomach will appreciate having a quality meal prior to all this sampling!
About Bridal Shows
Two of the most popular bridal shows (wedding fairs) in North Alabama are the Celebrations Bridal Event (Jan 8, 2017) and the Bridal Fair (2017 date tbd). These are both typically end at the Von Braun Center in Huntsville Alabama in January. There are many other shows in Huntsville including the Belk Engagement Parties that are held in February at both Bridge Street Towne Center and Parkway Place Mall. For 2017, these are Feb 12 and 26 (Sunday from 12-4) at each venue respectively. Another popular event is the Hampton Cove Wedding Plantation Wedding Re-sale event where couples come in and sell their used wedding items for significant savings. This has become very popular in recent years. Be sure to search on Facebook for all these and other terrific wedding shows!
About Kyle Root
Kyle has been filming weddings in North Alabama since the year 2000. He works with a very talented team of individuals who have also been shooting weddings for just about as long. When it comes to Huntsville Alabama wedding videography, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better team on price and quality of work. We love filming weddings in Huntsville Alabama and enjoy being the wedding videographer for weddings in Decatur, Hartselle, and Athens and surrounding areas. As a wedding videographer based out of Hartselle Alabama, I love producing amazing wedding videos for my North Alabama clients as a Huntsville wedding videographer. If you’re looking for a video of your wedding, please don’t hesitate to contact me and visit my main wedding video site at: www.kyleroot.com.